Internet data privacy statement
Thank you for your interest in our online presence. The protection of your personal data is very close to our heart, so we would like to inform you here about data protection in our company. Naturally we observe the statutory provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act [Datenschutzgesetz] (BDSG), the Telemedia Act [Telemediengesetz] (TMG) and other data protection provisions. You can trust us with your personal data! Your data will be encrypted by means of digital security systems and transmitted to us. Our website is protected by technical measures against damage, destruction and unauthorised access.
Subject of the data protection
The subject of the data protection is personal data, which, in accordance with Section 3 Para. 1 of the BDSG means the individual details of personal or factual circumstances of a defined or definable natural person. This includes, for example, details such as your name, postal address, email address or phone number, but also as applicable usage data such as your IP address.
General information about data protection
(1) When you access the m:con website or download data from this site, information about this will be stored and processed by us in a log file. This process takes place in anonymised form so that it is not possible to identify you personally.
(2) The following information is saved: your IP address, the date and time at which the site was accessed, the site accessed or the name of the file retrieved, the data quantity transferred, and a report as to whether the access/request was successful.
(3) This data is not used for commercial purposes. The evaluation only serves for the preparation of statistics and to improve our internet presence. For this we create user profiles using a pseudonym. No connection is made between the person behind the pseudonym and the usage data that is collected. Your data will be deleted after it has been used. Permanent storage is excluded. You can object to this data collection, storage and processing at any time.
(4) The processing to analyse user behaviour is undertaken by Google Analytics in Mountain View, California, a state outside the area of application of Directive 95/46/EC. You can object to this use and processing by using the deactivation add-on (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Scope of data collection and storage
Generally it is not necessary for you to provide personal details in order to be able to use our website, but when applicable we do need your personal details so that we can actually
provide our services. This applies both to sending information material or goods that have been ordered, as well as to answering individual enquiries.
If you instruct us to provide a service or send you goods, we will strictly collect and store your personal data only insofar as is necessary to provide the service or execute an agreement. For this, it might be necessary for us to pass your personal details on to companies that we use to provide the service or to process the agreement, such as transport companies or other service providers. If we undertake one of the activities described below or other activities, or provide services, we would like to collect and store your personal details, and we will ask you for your express consent at the appropriate point on our website:
- Sending newsletters
- Event/congress registration
- Enquiries/contact form
- Other services and offers for which we require your express consent for the collection of data.
- After the agreement has been fully executed, your data will be blocked, and after the expiry of the provisions in respect of tax and commercial law, it will be deleted unless you have expressly consented to the data being used over and above this.
If you have registered for our newsletter with your email address, in addition to the implementation of the agreement we will also use your email address for our own advertising purposes until you cancel your newsletter registration.
Data collection with the use of Google-Analytics
Google uses the DoubleClick DART cookie
Users can deactivate the use of the DART cookie by accessing the data privacy provisions of the Google advertising network and content advertising network.
No direct personal information of the user is stored, only the Internet Protocol address. This information ensures that, when you next visit our website, you will automatically be recognised and it will be easier for you to navigate. Cookies enable us, for example, to adapt a website to your interests or to store your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time.
Naturally you can also view our website without cookies. If you do not want us to recognise your computer, you can prevent cookies being stored on your hard disk by selecting “Do not accept cookies” in your browser settings. Please refer to the instructions of your browser manufacturer in order to find out how this works. However, if you do not accept cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
You may prevent the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. To do this you must turn off the storage of cookies in your internet browser. Please refer to the instructions for using your internet browser for further information.
Collection and storage of usage data
Use of data for specific purposes
We observe the principle of using data for specific purposes, and only collect, process and store your personal data for the purposes for which you have provided it to us. We will not pass your personal details on to third parties without your express consent unless this is necessary for the provision of the service or for the implementation of the agreement. The transmission to government institutions and authorities that are entitled to receive such information will also only take place within the framework of the statutory duties of information, or if we are obliged to provide information by a court ruling.
We also take data protection within our company very seriously. We oblige our employees and the service companies commissioned by us to maintain confidentiality and to comply with the data protection provisions.
Right of information and revocation
You can obtain information about the data which we have stored about you at any time free of charge and without providing reasons. You can block or correct the data that we have collected about you or have this deleted at any time. You can also revoke the consent you have given us to collect and use your details at any time without providing reasons. To do so please use the following contact address.
m:con – mannheim:congress GmbH
Public list of procedures
We are available at any time if you have any further questions about the information which we have provided in respect of data privacy and the processing of your personal details.
Please note that the data protection provisions and the handing of data protection, e.g. at Google, can constantly change. It is therefore advisable and necessary to keep yourself
informed about changes to the statutory provisions and the practice of companies such as Google.
This data privacy statement is dated 14.11.2014.